Questions, tips and tricks, "How can I..."
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu 29. Dec 2016, 08:13
I'm a new user and so far vary impressed. A few questions if you don't mind? Apologies if version 5.2.6 can already do these and I just haven't figured out how yet.
- Is there a way to draw flexitrack at a specific radius, or set a minimum radius? (also display radius)
- Is there a way to automatically create a parallel piece of curved flexitrack? (i.e. a curve already exists and I would like to draw another inside or outside that is parallel)
- In the future do you think it will ever be possible to adjust the shape of a piece of flexitrack that is already joined at both ends (i.e. drag from one to three anchor points to reshape)?
Many thanks and sincere gratitude for a great piece of software for Mac modellers.
- Posts: 452
- Joined: Mon 24. Nov 2014, 17:27
Just back from our holiday break, sorry for the delay!
Flex tracks can be bent to a specific curved or straight track:
When the track is selected the flex track inspector in the sidebar to the right shows buttons to create a curved or straight flex track.
The same functionality is also available in the contextual menu for each flex track:
And once the track has been converted to a curved flex track parameters can be entered directly in the inspector:
The combo box offers presets with all radii used by the current track library - but any other radius can be entered as well.
Similar fields are offered when the track is bent to a straight flex track.
More flexible editing of flex tracks when the track is connected is also coming soon..!
Hope this helps,
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Fri 12. Aug 2016, 12:33
Wow, thanks for sharing this great tip! Excellent feature!